Buying or selling a home is one of the biggest transactions of a lifetime. If you think you can tackle this alone, think again. Each real estate transaction involves hundreds of tasks, many of which are extremely complicated. It's easy to make costly mistakes and spend an enormous amount of time learning what's needed to achieve success.
Hiring a real estate professional will save you both time and money. Before you sign with an agent, do your homework. Find someone who knows the local market. Read reviews of local real estate agencies.
Once you've narrowed your search, make sure the person you choose is an experienced professional who:
- will be your exclusive representative throughout the process.
- will guide you smoothly through the complex process and avoid potential obstacles.
- knows how to properly market your home
- understands the timing and necessary paperwork.
- is available to answer questions along the way.
- is a skilled negotiator.
- has inside knowledge of the local market to:
- properly price your home for the most profitable outcome.
- find you the home of your dreams.
- will keep you on track to reach the scheduled closing date.
- will be there post-closing to help with any issues that may arise.
If not handled correctly the even the most straight-forward transaction can go very wrong. Subsequently, buying and selling a home should be handled by a professional. The below infographic demonstrates the benefits of choosing an experienced real estate professional to represent your interests.
Are you planning to put your home on the market? If so, this free guide is a great place to start. It has tips and checklists for how to get your home ready to sell in order to optimize your outcome.